New members say hello here! - Page 14 - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - FZ6 Motorcycle Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 176 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 05:38 PM

Hi All

Hello Everyone,

My name is Philip and I am in Portland, ME. My wife and I both have a FZ-6. Mine is a 2007 and hers is a 2005.

I've had mine for about a year and a half, and have done about 12,000 miles. We bought hers a couple months ago with around 24k miles, and put about another 1,500 or so on it, so far.

I am used to doing my own repairs and maintenance, with the only work not being done by me being tire installs.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 176 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 12:11 AM

Can this forum deal w/1987 FZ600 questions

I'm Clyde K., Gysgt, USMC(Ret). I currently live in Grand Junction CO. I ride a 1978 xs1100, and am currently working on a 1987 FZ600 basket case. I have thrown enough parts together to start it soon and will undoubtedly have questions, at least until I get a service manual. If this is the wrong forum, just send me packing (in the right direction). SEMPER FI
post #133 of 176 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

Clyde, let me know if you need any bits.. I'm about to list 2+ bikes for sale..86-87 FZ600s w titles.

XB9S,RZ350,FZR600

post #134 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 03:27 AM

Just joined
Bought a very clean 2005
Have two other Yamahas
1971 G6SB 80 Street
1978 SR500
Both mint, ride only sparingly and to shows.
Just wanted a more modern reliable bike for longer weekend rides
I'm 59
Would have bought a new FZ07 but refuse to buy until ABS standard as in Europe
I hope it works out and no issues with this model and year.
post #135 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsops View Post
Just joined
Bought a very clean 2005
Have two other Yamahas
1971 G6SB 80 Street
1978 SR500
Both mint, ride only sparingly and to shows.
Just wanted a more modern reliable bike for longer weekend rides
I'm 59
Would have bought a new FZ07 but refuse to buy until ABS standard as in Europe
I hope it works out and no issues with this model and year.
Hi there,

I hate to say this, but this entire board is very near lifeless. Probably because it is dedicated to a single bike that was only moderately popular and isn't made anymore.

That said, I have an '05 (my wifes) and '07 (mine). They are very similar, but do have a fair number of small differences. At this point, I am familiar with both, and if you have any questions definitely feel free to ask away.

I use mine for daily comuting, afternoon blasts...all the way to 400 mile a day touring rides.

They are very versatile machines, fairly quick, but also pretty comfortable.

My winter project (I'm in Maine) is to catch up on all maintenance for both bikes.
post #136 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 07:49 AM

Hello

Hi Everyone,
Recently purchased an FZ6N, this bike seems to suit my needs perfectly for now. My first bike was an RD 350, wish I hadn't had sold it.
I'm 57 and have not owned a bike for a couple of decades, sort of starting over.
Take care!
post #137 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feketejozsi View Post
Hi Everyone,
Recently purchased an FZ6N, this bike seems to suit my needs perfectly for now. My first bike was an RD 350, wish I hadn't had sold it.
I'm 57 and have not owned a bike for a couple of decades, sort of starting over.
Take care!
Welcome!

The FZ6 is a great choice for a bike, especially if you have some previous experience. I would HIGHLY recommend finding a MSF course in your area, which will get your riding skills in good shape. A lot of Harley dealerships offer it, but they call it "Riders Edge". Those are really well taught, and they provide the bikes.

Anyhow, unfortunately, this forum is fairly inactive. Probably because its dedicated to a single bike that hasn't been made in almost 6 years now.

I do have a fair amount of experience with them, so if you have any questions or just wanna talk bikes in general...post away. You can email me directly at philip.carpenter.jr@gmail.com, as well.
post #138 of 176 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 02:24 PM

Battery location

I'm new to the forum having just purchased a 09 FZ6. Can someone give me the procedure for getting to the battery to replace it? Not too much info in the small manual that came with the bike. Many thanks.
post #139 of 176 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 10:08 PM

New to Fazers (and Yamaha)

Hello All, thanks for having me!

I live in Winchester, UK and have ridden on and off for 25-ish years.
I'm (usually) a Suzuki guy ~ducks to avoid the abuse~ I've had Bandits a GSXR Slingshot and finally I bought a 2005 FZ6S about 6 weeks ago and am slowly working through the bits.

Have changed my fork oil for 15W, done an oil change, had new Maxxis tyres fitted and changed various bulbs to LED.

BUT, I have what sounds like the 'typical' clutch problem so have a new clutch cable (tips for changing this please!).

I consider myself a reasonably competent amateur and have a large selection of hammers, so I'm good to go!
post #140 of 176 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
I'm new to the forum having just purchased a 09 FZ6. Can someone give me the procedure for getting to the battery to replace it? Not too much info in the small manual that came with the bike. Many thanks.
The battery is under the front of the tank and the tank itself hinges at the rear.
A bit more involved if you've got a faired bike as you need to remove the inner left and right fairing infill panels, then it's 2 allen bolts at the front and the tank lifts up. As you lift the tank up, remove the fuel gauge connector wire as it is a tight fit.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ6 Forums - FZ6 Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode